Project: To receive 51 Over-Dimensional Modules from Ships’ Hook at Mumbai Port and Transport the Modules to Owens Corning’s factory at Taloja, Raigad.
Each Module measured 12 M x 5 M x 5 M and weighed up to 35 MT. Weight of the 51 Modules was more than 1000 MT.
- We had to Transport 51 over-dimensional modules with a height of 5m, through a congested route inside the Mumbai city limit. Special permissions from various authorities had to be in place for the transport.
- A very narrow transport window was available everyday – from 12:00 AM to 5 AM – to pass through Mumbai city and the transport could be done only during this window.
- Owing to severe space constraint inside the factory, unloading of all the modules at site was not possible.
- For the Installation of the Modules, they needed to be delivered at site in a particular sequence.
- Route Survey & Transport Analysis was conducted to find a suitable Route from Mumbai Port to Owens Corning Factory at Taloja, Raigad considering the 5m height of the Modules.
- Special Permissions were taken from Traffic, Police and other statutory authorities to transport the 51 modules through highly congested route inside the Mumbai city limits.
- The Modules were transported in a convoy within the given window everyday and we delivered all packages at site within 3 days of their despatch from Port.
- All safety precautions were adhered to for the convoy. Electric wires and other Horizontal obstructions were raised for the safe passage of the convoy.
- Due to space constraint inside the factory, we organized a suitable Warehouse close to the client’s factory where the Modules were unloaded using our Crane and transported to the factory using our trailers as per the Installation sequence requested by the client.
- With our planned transport and delivery of Modules at site as per requested sequence, Client was able to Install and Commission the new plant as per their schedule.