In line with our vision of becoming a dependable and trust worthy supplier and operator of quality, state-of-the-art Material Handling Equipment (MHE), we have taken ownership of 2nos. Reach Stackers (Container Handling Machines) of 45T Lifting capacity each from the world’s best known supplier of such equipment, Kalmar (M/s Cargotec Finland oy).
The Kalmar brand Reach Stacker (Model DRU 450-62S5) is built on their latest G-Generation platform, which makes these machines highly robust, reliable and efficient.These machines, fitted with EU3/EU4 emission standards compliant engines, are significantly more environmental friendly as compared to similar machines from other manufacturers. The Machines come with a host of safety features including:
- Extra safe access to the cabin with non-slip surfaces.
- Enhanced visibility from the cabin giving a much better view – forwards and upwards.
- Overload protection system that warns the driver if the load exceeds the specified limits.
- Specially designed steering axle with extra wide tracking for increased stability.
- Fail safe seat switch that does not allow the machine to be started without the operator in the seat.
For more details about these machines, please click on the link below:
The 2 machines were assembled and commissioned within 48 hours of their arrival at the CFS earlier this month. Both the machines are now working at M/s CWCDistripark Ltd.’s CFS at Dronagiri Node near Nhava Sheva Port. This CFS is managed and operated by M/s Conex Terminals Pvt. Ltd (an entity comprising of us and our two partners).
With this addition of Land based Material Handling equipment that will complement our Marine assets, we have taken one more step towards our vision of becoming a reliable Multi Modal Logistics Company.